Saturday, May 25, 2013

5/19/2013

FZRC (Sarasota, FL.)

Was at FZ for round 5 of the Spring Series, they redesigned about 50% of the track and that half of the track didn't have the rubber down for a "Grooved" surface. This means half the track is a tire eater!!! Jim told me "You will need 3 sets of tire today". I laughed to myself!!!

Had GREAT traction for about half the first qual, thought the track needed to have the dust blown off, until I picked my the T4 after that qual, the NEW tires were BALD!!! Had left my other set at home so I put a set of SC tires on the rear for the second qual.

I checked the hobby shop and they didn't have any ST tires so I checked with Erik (he is the guy that painted the Rustler body for us) to see he he had a set I could buy. He had a extra set of JC Barcodes. Asked how much, he said for you nothing, your RC wish is made!!! :-)

As you know I'm normally the person giving out RC stuff, NOT getting it for me!!!

.